27 December 2008

Final Goodbyes

This afternoon was Grandpa's funeral and MAN this was tough. I know that I have only been in the family for 7 years and that he was Kyle's grandpa and Duaine's dad first but this was a hard one for me. I just LOVE this family and it is so hard to lose anyone but especially someone like Grandpa. I think up until the funeral I handled most of this pretty well but I will admit that I struggled. It was really hard for me to find the best way to support Kyle and his family in this. I am truly a Daddy's girl and have been most of my life, until now I didn't realize how this can tie over into the in-law relationship too. Dad (Duaine) is also a Dad to me and it was sooo tough to watch him grieve and to know how to let him know that I love him and was here for him and mom (Connie) in this too. Reverend Gene did a good job at the service of helping to send the message and to try to help us focus on the celebrating of his life and not just the grief that we are all feeling. I know, I know I am rambling but i am not so good at expressing these things but I am trying...okay? All in all, We love you Grandpa.

No comments: