07 April 2009

It's tough to be 3...

Mandy has decided to take a break from dance and gymnastics. I am pretty srue from my perspective (from our conversations) it is a combination of things, including separation from me (going from Mommy and me to big girl) and just flat being tired. After her performance Saturday when asked about class on Monday she simply replied "No, I am done." I guess in her mind it was over and she is "tired of it". I am confident that "this too shall pass" but for now we are taking a break. On the flip side she has become extremely confused about her friendship with her best friend Livy. They met in dance class and she is struggling with understanding they can still be friends even though she isn't dancing anymore. Mrs. Jennifer and I talked earlier today about many things, this included and this was the email Mandy received tonight...

This typed by Mommy, but in Livy's words...

"I want to give you a present. I want you to come see me soon. I'm going to play with you, Mandy! You are my friend. You will dance with me at my house! Yes! I want to hide with you. Yes! We can play monster! Um, we can jump on my trampoline and play with each other. Yes, trampoline! But we will have to take turns. You will see. I miss you! I miss you! Miss! Miss! You will see! Patty cake, patty cake!"

Love. Livy

Mandy wanted to "talk back" to Livy and so this is the message she sent in reply..

A message to Livy typed by Mama...

"I want to send you a house with a doggy in it! You are my BEST friend! For your birthday I want to get you a Cinderella doll. I miss you very much. I really miss you and can't wait for our sleepover at your house. And we can play with Maren too. I want to jump on your trampoline high but no boys allowed...only the girls. I really really want to jump on the trampoline and if it is possible we can be princesses with slippers. I miss you and goodnight."

Love Mandy

I don't know about anyone else but this just melts my heart!!!