yes, you are seeing it right...our boy is riding on 2 wheels! He is sooo proud and pretty much did it himself. When I got home he was busy with other things. I turned to see what he was up to and he was trying to figure out how to put both feet on the pedals of Brianna's bike. I asked if he wanted help and he said no so I left him to it. About ten minutes later he said he was ready for help so I ran next to him holding the seat...he said "You can let go now Mama" my reply??? "Are you sure?" His answer was no so when we stopped I decided this was a job for Daddy since I was NOT ready to let go! Daddy took him to the street and off they went! He did great, even headed for the grass when it was time to crash. Ofcourse once he got it figured out on Brianna's bike he HAD to have his training wheels off and so he brought his bike to Mr. Steven and the were off! He needed help getting started for a few minutes but that didn't last long because then he was on the slope of the driveway for a rolling start...how smart! I know I didn't think of that when I was learning...Now, he is a pro and riding all over the block. A stumble here and there and then you hear "I am okay"....off he goes again.
The MADNESS of a working mom and keeping up with the fast paced life of her family of four!
17 May 2009
The weekend
Yesterday Kyle and I got to enjoy some fabulous one on one time with the kids. Kyle and Kyler went turkey hunting and was so hyped when he got home! Mandy and I got to have some girl time, shopping, movie and a pizza picnic on living room floor. Today after church Kyler went with Uncle Shawn, Papa, Austin and Gage to the Ranger game and he had another great outing while Mandy and I went to a playdate with her best friend Livy. They have really missed each other! It was great to see them having so much fun together and it was great getting to visit with Jennifer too! Now the BIG stuff...



yes, you are seeing it right...our boy is riding on 2 wheels! He is sooo proud and pretty much did it himself. When I got home he was busy with other things. I turned to see what he was up to and he was trying to figure out how to put both feet on the pedals of Brianna's bike. I asked if he wanted help and he said no so I left him to it. About ten minutes later he said he was ready for help so I ran next to him holding the seat...he said "You can let go now Mama" my reply??? "Are you sure?" His answer was no so when we stopped I decided this was a job for Daddy since I was NOT ready to let go! Daddy took him to the street and off they went! He did great, even headed for the grass when it was time to crash. Ofcourse once he got it figured out on Brianna's bike he HAD to have his training wheels off and so he brought his bike to Mr. Steven and the were off! He needed help getting started for a few minutes but that didn't last long because then he was on the slope of the driveway for a rolling start...how smart! I know I didn't think of that when I was learning...Now, he is a pro and riding all over the block. A stumble here and there and then you hear "I am okay"....off he goes again.
yes, you are seeing it right...our boy is riding on 2 wheels! He is sooo proud and pretty much did it himself. When I got home he was busy with other things. I turned to see what he was up to and he was trying to figure out how to put both feet on the pedals of Brianna's bike. I asked if he wanted help and he said no so I left him to it. About ten minutes later he said he was ready for help so I ran next to him holding the seat...he said "You can let go now Mama" my reply??? "Are you sure?" His answer was no so when we stopped I decided this was a job for Daddy since I was NOT ready to let go! Daddy took him to the street and off they went! He did great, even headed for the grass when it was time to crash. Ofcourse once he got it figured out on Brianna's bike he HAD to have his training wheels off and so he brought his bike to Mr. Steven and the were off! He needed help getting started for a few minutes but that didn't last long because then he was on the slope of the driveway for a rolling start...how smart! I know I didn't think of that when I was learning...Now, he is a pro and riding all over the block. A stumble here and there and then you hear "I am okay"....off he goes again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hooray for you K2! PawPaw and Grandma Sarah are proud of you! enjoy the ride!
Post a Comment