23 January 2009

Hmmm...

Okay so I think I am starting to go crazy! I have come to the realization that what they say is true. You have to learn to take care of yourself too! What? Not just your family and your work but yourself? I am at that reality check point in life. Whooo...okay. So, now what do I do? I am a 32 year old wife/mama with nothing I do for myself. How do women find time to do all these things? I mean really! I (thank God) have a hubby who cooks so that I don't commute straight into the kitchen but geez! He has hobbies that keep him satisfied with plenty of "guy time". How do mom's do it without all the guilt? I feel terrible if I choose to do anything other than my family after work becaue I don't have that much time with them (or so it FEELS). And our weekends are booked atleast a month ahead so little down time there, and we love every bit of it! Well, I am going out on a very shaky limb...I have been invited to a hen party! Yep, all women of different interests and ages, a very eclectic group from my understanding, all making a couple of hours for "hen time" and they really only gather 3-4 times a year but have found this a good way to make a point of not being a wife, mama, housekeeper, teacher (or whatever job they hold), or any other hat "hens" wear from day to day without judgement. So, I am going for it...I am braving the grown up world and I am going to TRY to make a point of doing things for ME once in a while. I am sure my routine will still be chaotic and stressful but maybe by finding little things to do for myself I will be a more sane person...MAYBE :)

1 comment:

Kelly Goulding said...

That is a FABULOUS idea..Enjoy it!