I know...I know...I am WAY late on the first day of Kindergarten post! Sorry! It has also been my first week back with students which means an utterly chaotic week. Kyler looked so proud and excited to start Kindergarten, he wasn't sure about me getting him up while it was still dark outside until I told him it was his first day of school. He popped up and said, "KINDERGARTEN?!" Pure excitement. I love it! I made him cinnamon rolls and milk, we ate breakfast together. Mandy joined us as I was making our plates and we enjoyed a sweet morning together. Being it was my first day of school for this year too, I didn't get to take him to school (tears) but his Daddy was. I am very thankful one of us was able to do it...I do wish it had been me though. I did get Daddy to take pictures for me at home but he REFUSED to take them at the school. Aunt Kelly saved the day and got pictures at the school for me, she got some great pictures of Kyler and his cousins starting their school days. It is SO special that they will get to go through school together! I was close to my cousins but we never lived close enough to be in the same states much less same school system. I called as soon as I got in the car to drive home and he said it was "AWESOME!" he loved his teacher, his new friends (but he couldn't remember their names yet) and he had a lot of fun. Some one took his teacher's cat and they had to follow the trail of feathers to find it...one of the boys found it in the computer (???). All in all a success. He told Grammy all new adventures and I will have to get her to fill us in on that! Man o man was it a tough day for me!! I really struggled with the whole situation. As a teacher I love the first day of school and know that I have students just as excited to see me as he was to see Mrs. Pennock but it really broke my heart to not be able to have a story to tell about taking my baby to his first day of Kindergarten. I am a proud Mama...he did great and enjoyed his first week. Go Kyler!
The MADNESS of a working mom and keeping up with the fast paced life of her family of four!
29 August 2009
First Day (week) of Kindergarten
I know...I know...I am WAY late on the first day of Kindergarten post! Sorry! It has also been my first week back with students which means an utterly chaotic week. Kyler looked so proud and excited to start Kindergarten, he wasn't sure about me getting him up while it was still dark outside until I told him it was his first day of school. He popped up and said, "KINDERGARTEN?!" Pure excitement. I love it! I made him cinnamon rolls and milk, we ate breakfast together. Mandy joined us as I was making our plates and we enjoyed a sweet morning together. Being it was my first day of school for this year too, I didn't get to take him to school (tears) but his Daddy was. I am very thankful one of us was able to do it...I do wish it had been me though. I did get Daddy to take pictures for me at home but he REFUSED to take them at the school. Aunt Kelly saved the day and got pictures at the school for me, she got some great pictures of Kyler and his cousins starting their school days. It is SO special that they will get to go through school together! I was close to my cousins but we never lived close enough to be in the same states much less same school system. I called as soon as I got in the car to drive home and he said it was "AWESOME!" he loved his teacher, his new friends (but he couldn't remember their names yet) and he had a lot of fun. Some one took his teacher's cat and they had to follow the trail of feathers to find it...one of the boys found it in the computer (???). All in all a success. He told Grammy all new adventures and I will have to get her to fill us in on that! Man o man was it a tough day for me!! I really struggled with the whole situation. As a teacher I love the first day of school and know that I have students just as excited to see me as he was to see Mrs. Pennock but it really broke my heart to not be able to have a story to tell about taking my baby to his first day of Kindergarten. I am a proud Mama...he did great and enjoyed his first week. Go Kyler!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment