Yesterday, Spike (our beardie) started acting lethargic and not eating. This morning was pretty bad. I was able to find a vet that treated Bearded Dragons on the phone to see if there was anything I could try to help him. He seemed to sad and like he was hurting...the vet essentially told me that I needed to force feed him. How do you force feed a lizard? WELL...it required either baby medicine syringes, baby food and water OR two people, one to pry open his mouth and a second to put the cricket or worm in...sounds like fun, I KNOW! I didn't have a second set of hands so I borrowed some baby food from a neighbor and off we went! His color improved a little shortly after eating a little of it and getting some water in his system too. I now have a warmer rock for him and when Kyle got home we were able to get a cricket in too. Hopefully we are on the road to recovery!
The MADNESS of a working mom and keeping up with the fast paced life of her family of four!
05 August 2009
Nursing Spike
Yesterday, Spike (our beardie) started acting lethargic and not eating. This morning was pretty bad. I was able to find a vet that treated Bearded Dragons on the phone to see if there was anything I could try to help him. He seemed to sad and like he was hurting...the vet essentially told me that I needed to force feed him. How do you force feed a lizard? WELL...it required either baby medicine syringes, baby food and water OR two people, one to pry open his mouth and a second to put the cricket or worm in...sounds like fun, I KNOW! I didn't have a second set of hands so I borrowed some baby food from a neighbor and off we went! His color improved a little shortly after eating a little of it and getting some water in his system too. I now have a warmer rock for him and when Kyle got home we were able to get a cricket in too. Hopefully we are on the road to recovery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment